A programmable quantum computer based on trapped ions (Dr. N. Linke)
- Datum: 16.07.2018
- Uhrzeit: 14:00 - 15:30
- Vortragende(r): Dr. Norbert M. Linke
- Joint Quantum Institute, University of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742, USA
- Ort: Max-Planck-Institut für Quantenoptik
- Raum: New Lecture Hall, Room B 0.32
- Gastgeber: MPQ, Theory Division
We use the transverse modes of motion in the chain to produce entangling gates between any qubit pair. This creates a fully connected system which can be configured to run any sequence of single- and two-qubit gates, making it in effect an arbitrarily programmable quantum computer that does not suffer any swap-gate overhead.
Recent results from different quantum algorithms on five and seven ions will be presented, including current work in quantum machine learning. I will also discuss schemes to scale up this architecture, as well as other ideas for the future.