"Women in QST" (Series) - Building Google’s Quantum Computer, Dr. Marissa Giustina
- Datum: 13.09.2019
- Uhrzeit: 11:00
- Vortragende: Dr. Marissa Giustina
- Senior research scientist and quantum electronics engineer in the Google AI Quantum team.
- Ort: Max Planck Institute of Quantum Optics
- Raum: Herbert Walther Lecture Hall
- Gastgeber: Munich Center for Quantum Science and Technology (MCQST)
Dr. Marissa Giustina is a senior research scientist and quantum electronics engineer in the Google AI Quantum hardware team. She joined Google’s quantum computing research effort in 2016, and much of her work since then has focused on developing and deploying the technological infrastructure needed to scale up the team’s quantum processors by an order of magnitude in qubit number. Prior to Google, Dr. Giustina worked at the Austrian Academy of Sciences in the Institute for Quantum Optics and Quantum Information, where she designed, built, and published a “loophole-free” experiment testing Bell’s inequality using entangled optical photons in the group of Dr. Anton Zeilinger. Dr. Giustina has delivered dozens of invited research talks and colloquia internationally, including presentations at leading quantum conferences.
The event will consist of two parts:
- 11:00 - 12:15 | Scientific Talk by Dr. Giustina, open to everyone interested.
- 12:30 - 14:00 | Women in QST Lunch (pre-registration required).
If you would like to join the Women in QST lunch, please register at events(at)mcqst.de by 01.09.2019 the latest.
The talk is open to everyone interested, no registration required.