Integrated nonlinear optics and Inverse-designed multimode photonics
- Date: Sep 30, 2022
- Time: 10:00 AM (Local Time Germany)
- Speaker: Kiyoul Yang
- Nanoscale and Quantum Photonics Lab, Stanford University, Stanford, CA, USA
- Location: Max Planck Institute of Quantum Optics
- Room: Herbert Walther Lecture Hall
- Host: MPQ, Laser Spectroscopy Division
In addition, we will discuss inverse-designed nonlinear photonic devices for optical parametric oscillations in both non-classical and classical regimes. Prospects for using aforementioned approaches to enable atomic-photonic integrations and nonlinear information processing will be also discussed.
Kiyoul Yang is a visiting scientist at Max Planck Institute for the Science of Light. He received his Ph.D. from Caltech, and he will join Harvard SEAS faculty as an assistant professor in Jan 2023 after completing his postdoctoral training at Stanford. He is a recipient of the Paul F. Forman Team Engineering Excellence Award (2020) for the 2-photon optical clock collaboration.