The MPQ is embedded in a worldwide scientific network.
The cooperation with Harvard University led to the establishment of the Max Planck Harvard Center, which enhances common scientific collaboration since 2017.
Funded by the European Research Council (ERC), the ERC Synergy Grant Ultracold Quantum Matter (UQUAM) is coordinated at MPQ since 2013.
Further bi- and multinational cooperations include:
- European Laboratory for Non-Linear Spectroscopy (LENS), Florence, Italy
- Technical University of Vienna, Austria
- Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Paris, France
- Instituto de Ciencias Fotónicas (ICFO), Barcelona, Spain
- Institute for Solid-State Physics and Optics of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Budapest, Hungary
- King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi-Arabia
- Pohang University of Science and Technology, Pohang, Korea / Max Planck Center for Attosecond Science
- Donostia International Physics Center, Donostia - San Sebastián, Spain