The MPQ is embedded in a worldwide scientific network.
From 2013 until 2021, the MPQ coordinated the ERC Synergy Grant Ultracold Quantum Matter (UQUAM).
Further bi- and multinational cooperations include:
- European Laboratory for Non-Linear Spectroscopy (LENS), Florence, Italy
- Technical University of Vienna, Austria
- Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Paris, France
- Instituto de Ciencias Fotónicas (ICFO), Barcelona, Spain
- Institute for Solid-State Physics and Optics of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Budapest, Hungary
- King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi-Arabia
- Pohang University of Science and Technology, Pohang, Korea / Max Planck Center for Attosecond Science
- Donostia International Physics Center, Donostia - San Sebastián, Spain