Symmetry reduction induced by anyon condensation: a tensor network approach (José Garre Rubio)
- Date: Apr 18, 2018
- Time: 02:00 PM - 03:00 PM (Local Time Germany)
- Speaker: José Garre Rubio
- Department of Mathematics, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Spain
- Room: New Lecture Hall, Room B 0.32
- Host: MPQ, Theory Division
We study these relations in the framework of projected entanglement pair states (PEPS) and show how condensing and confining anyons reduces a local gauge symmetry to a global on-site symmetry. We also study the action of this global symmetry over the quasiparticle excitations. As a byproduct, we observe that this symmetry reduction effect can be applied to one-dimensional systems as well, and brings about appealing physical interpretations on the classification of phases with symmetries using matrix product states (MPS). Joint work with D. Pérez-García and S. Iblisdir (ArXiv:1702.08759).