Unconscious bias -how to identify and avoid them
We invite all MPQ employees to our online workshop Dr. Meike Lauggas
We are often unconsciously guided by first impressions and entrenched ideas; characteristics such
as gender, age, ethnicity, religion, sexual identity and disabilities can influence our thinking and our
decisions - also in our working life. Categorical thinking is quite normal, but unconscious prejudices can also
lead to conflict and discrimination.
The learning goals of the workshop with Dr. Meike Lauggas are:
· Raise awareness regarding gender disparities within the MPQ
· Exercises to reflect on your own unconscious prejudices
· Understand the impact of disadvantage and discrimination on people affected
· Get knowledge of the EMAP, the POLICY AGAINST SEXUALIZED DISCRIMINATION, HARASSMENT
and VIOLENCE, the MPQ Gender Equality Plan and the General Equal Treatment Acts
The workshop will take place in the format of an online seminar via zoom:
29.06.2020 from 15:00 – 17:00 Uhr in English language (for scientific staff)*
30.06.2020 from 10:00 – 12:00 Uhr in German language (for administrative staff)*
* This is only a suggestion! It is up to you to decide which workshop to attend, even if you are not
part of the scientific/administrative staff.
Registration via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
by 25 June 2020.