The NuQuant project and recent progress toward the development of a 229Th- based nuclear optical clock (Dr. Lars von der Wense)
- Date: May 9, 2023
- Time: 02:30 PM (Local Time Germany)
- Speaker: Dr. Lars von der Wense
- Max-Planck-Institut für Quantenoptik, Garching
- Location: Max Planck Institute of Quantum Optics
- Room: Herbert Walther Lecture Hall
Developing a nuclear optical clock requires laser spectroscopy of a nuclear transition, an objective which has so far not been achieved, but which has come into reach due to recent gain of knowledge.
In this talk I will give an overview over the recent progress that has been made toward the development of a nuclear optical clock. Further, I will introduce the investigations planned within the framework of the newly funded BMBF project “NuQuant”.