State of the Art of Quantum Key Distribution (MCQST-Colloquium) (Prof. Hugo Zbinden)
- Date: Jan 10, 2023
- Time: 02:30 PM (Local Time Germany)
- Speaker: Prof. Hugo Zbinden
- Université de Genève, Switzerland
- Location: Max Planck Institute of Quantum Optics
- Room: Herbert Walther Lecture Hall
Hugo Zbinden was born in Bern and studied physics at the University of Bern. He has a master in climate physics and a PhD on rare-earth solid-state lasers.
He is leader of the Quantum Technology Group at the University of Geneva, His research has spanned various areas from optical sensors, single photon detectors, quantum communication and the foundations of quantum mechanics. In 2001, Hugo Zbinden co-founded ID Quantique, one of the first companies in the field of quantum technologies.