Infrared spectroscopic imaging: pushing the limits of accuracy, speed and resolution (Prof. Rohit Bhargava)
- Date: Jan 24, 2023
- Time: 02:30 PM (Local Time Germany)
- Speaker: Prof. Rohit Bhargava
- University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, USA
- Location: Max Planck Institute of Quantum Optics
- Room: Herbert Walther Lecture Hall
The combination of infrared spectroscopy to measure linear absorption and microscopy to record spatial variation is now poised to deliver benefits for human health. We first describe the evolution of technologies, focusing on how the use of theoretical optical model promises high performance, realization of these in experimental systems and use of emerging artificial intelligence methods to recognize severity of and predict the course of cancer."