The MPQ is embedded in a worldwide scientific network.
The cooperation with Harvard University recently led to the establishment of the Max Planck Harvard Center, which will enhance common scientific collaboration from 2017 onwards.
Funded by the European Research Council (ERC) is the ERC Synergy Grant Ultracold Quantum Matter (UQUAM), coordinated at MPQ since 2013.
Further bi- and multinational cooperations include:
- Paul Scherrer Institut, Villigen, Switzerland
- European Laboratory for Non-Linear Spectroscopy (LENS), Florence, Italy
- Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche/Istituto di Fotonica e Nanotecnologie, Milano, Italy
- Technical University of Vienna, Austria
- Femtolasers Produktions GmbH, Vienna, Austria
- Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Paris, France
- Instituto de Ciencias Fotónicas (ICFO), Barcelona, Spain
- University of Pécs, Pécs, Hungary
- Institute for Solid-State Physics and Optics of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Budapest, Hungary
- University of Science and Technology of China, Hefei, China
- King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi-Arabia
- Pohang University of Science and Technology, Pohang, Korea
- Max Planck Center for Attosecond Science
- Donostia International Physics Center, Donostia - San Sebastián, Spain